ASHTANGA YOGA RETREAT, Cuzco PERU
with Aline Fernandes & Begüm Gülderen
June 25st – 30th 2018
6 Nights/7 Days
Yoga Mandala, Cuzco, Peru
You are invited on a magical journey into the Sacred Valley of Peru for an epic adventure! Offering a chance to experience ashtanga yoga practice, meditation, chanting, trekking through magical landscapes and experience the power centers of Incan culture while activating your highest potential.
Spending your time just exploring the sacred Machu Picchu, paired with the knowledge and experience of well known Ashtanga yoga teacher Aline Fernandes, This retreat is an opportunity not be missed.
This is an invitation for self discovery; an opportunity to reconnect with your inner strength, your essence, your true self.
Peru is a country known for its diversity, natural beauty, and sacred sites that have defined the blend of modern tradition and Incan culture for hundreds of years. Here you will see the native cultures (Quechua speaking) working the land as they have for centuries, with love and simplicity.
- 6 Nights Accommodation at the Sacred Valley
- Peruvian Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (Vegetarian)
- 6 Morning Yoga Classes with Aline Fernandes
- Herbal Tea (Available all day)
- All the Guidance
- Silent Walk
- Evening Activity Chanting
- Group Discussions, Group Outing to the Sightseeings or Local Events (Transportation fee are not included)
- Travel costs, airfare transport to/from hotel
- Additional Spa Treatments
- Machu Picchu Tour
Completely rustic infrastructure and atmosphere conceal the functionaloperations of the site for guests. The majestic views of The Andes and snow-capped mountains will give you a taste of the sacred valley.
Rooms at Yoga Mandala are cozy equipped with single, double and triple beds covered with comfortable feather duvets. Each room has private bathroom with hot water all day.
Yoga Mandala also offer Common area with games, fireplace, kitchen and book exchange.
Things to do at the Retreat Center;
- Waterfalls – Walk to Ain’s waterfall with majestic views of the Sacred Mountains Pitusiray and Sahuasiray. Only a 15 min walk from Yoga Mandala Sacred Valley location. This place is ideal for meditation and to connect yourself with nature.
- Sound Healing Circle in Urcos – Have a Unique experience in Urcos. We organize Sound Circle healings at the archeological site of Urcos. A magical experience that you will deeply enjoy with crystal bowls, ancient Peruvian instruments as well as other native instruments around the world. With the powerful energy of this site will help you balance all your chakras and go to a depper level of healings within your subtil bodies!!!
- Stand Up Paddleboard at Huaypo Lagoon – Practicing Stand Up Paddle inthe lagoon of Huaypo is to begin with the pleasure of sliding on the water in a playful atmosphere, discovering at the same time a beautiful aquatic site little frequented in the heart of the mountain range. This sport adapts to all the people who would like to try it and provides a feeling of freedom and indescribable joy. The SUP relaxes, puts in shape, helps in mastering its balance, gives new sensations but always and more than everything gives good mood…!!!
- Regular Machu Picchu Bookings
- Pisaq Market – Discover all the colors and flavors of this unique market.
- Salt Mines – A guided Tour throught the salt Mines of Maras. You will discover the benefits of this special salt. A unique place where you can see local people still collect salt as the ancient way. You can buy Pink Salt that has as much properties as the Himalayan Pink Salt.
Delicious vegetarian and raw Peruvian cuisine. All made with organic veggies from the garden and organic farms within the area. Yoga Mandala specialised in vegetarian and raw food meals with a fusion of the traditional Peruvian diversity, ideal for your yoga journey. They also offer detoxifying diets. Retreat Center`s clay oven is a heavenly experience. Try theirs veggie lasagna, bread, quishes and home made desserts.
“Our pizza nights is a delightful experience”. ~ Yoga Mandala
6am to 8am Yoga Asana (Ashtanga Yoga )
8am to 9am Breakfast
4pm to 6pm Chanting / Lecture time (2 times )
7pm to 8pm Dinner
*Some days for sightseeing.Sight-seeing will be arranged and if you are coming to Peru alone, afraid of being a stranger, you wont be….
Located in the small village of Arin. 10 min. away from the city of Calca, 20 min from Urubamba city. Yoga Mandala is in the heart of the sacred valley only 1hr away from the Cusco city and 2 hrs from the majestic Archeological site of Machhu Picchu.
Peru is the third largest country in South America, after Brazil and Argentina. It is made up of a variety of landscapes, from mountains and beaches to deserts and rain forests. Most people live along the coast of the Pacific Ocean, where the capital, Lima, is located.
Because it has so many different ecosystems, Peru is home to a wider variety of plants and animals than most other countries on Earth. For many reasons, Peruvians have not had as much of an impact on their natural world as many other countries, and much of these ecosystems have been undisturbed.
The Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga is a style of yoga codified and popularized by K. Pattabhi Jois during the 20th century which is often promoted as a modern-day form of classical Indian yoga. Ashtanga means eight limbs or branches, of which asana or physical yoga posture is merely one branch, breath or pranayama is another.
Prepare to sweat as you briskly move through a set sequence. All-Levels are welcome!
ALINE FERNANDES (VidaYogi)
Born on the south coast of Brazil, Aline Fernandes traveled the world before making New York her base in 2002. That year, while working as a fashion model, she was introduced to ashtanga yoga at Eddie Stern’s Ashtanga Yoga New York (AYNY), and was immediately hooked. Inspired to pursue a yogic path, she journeyed to Mysore, India in 2003 to study at KPJAYI under the direct guidance of ashtanga’s masters Sri K. Pattabhi Jois and Sharath Jois. She returned annually to continue her yoga education. In addition, she studied Transcendental Meditation at the David Lynch Foundation and Vedic Meditation with Tom Knoles, two methods now woven into her daily practice and teachings.
In 2010, Aline was authorized as a level 2 teacher by KPJAYI, enabling her to officially teach the ashtanga yoga method. She assisted Eddie Stern and taught at AYNY from 2008 until 2013. She also led corportate classes at Tumblr and Nike, as well as workshops and retreats in Brazil, Hawaii, Uruguay and Spain. She taught kids yoga at New York’s Lycée Francais and was part of a program at Long Island University offering yoga to weight-challenged people.
Aline’s philosophy and approach to teaching emphasizes the transformative quality of ashtanga yoga in which movement and breath are synchronized. Through regular practice, the body becomes stronger, purified and aligned, and the mind grows more steady.
She currently splits her time between Brazil and the U.S., and continues to travel, offering workshops and private classes under the Vida Yogi platform: yoga education combined with sustainable living. Retreats are organized with a social intention, supporting local organizations and projects in an effort to take the teachings from the yoga mat and engage with environmental and social issues. Aline also runs Vida Yogi Project, which shares the practice of yoga and conscious living to vulnerable areas and communities around the world. Her teachings extend to a cross section of students, from athletes and celebrities to those with physical limitations and people of all ages.
WHAT TO BRING
- • Athletic clothing: dry-fit, light-weigh and fleece are great for layerin
- • Hiking boots (if trekking)
- • A sweater
- • A jacket (for colder weather in the evenings)
- • Good walking shoes
- • Bathing suits (there are several hot springs near Machu Picchu)
- •A Hat
- • Backpack: something you can fit trekking or day trip essentials in, Osprey backpacks are a good option
- • A rain jacket, or poncho
- • An umbrella (not allowed at Machu Picchu)
- • Water resistant hiking boots (for those trekking)
- • Plastic bags (Ziplocs work great!) to cover your electronics while sightseeing
- • A water resistant daypack (or a rain cover for your daypack)
- • Sunscreen
- • Bug spray
- •Itch relief ointment
- • Small first-aid kit (if trekking)
- • Altitude sickness tablets (if needed)
- • Chap stick (your lips will get dry from the altitude/sun)
Please email your interest to Begum ( email@example.com ). You willthen receive a registration form to complete and details regarding transferof deposit. A non-refundable deposit of $600 is required to secure your booking. Upon registration you will be sent more info about getting to and around Cusco, taxi pick-up from airport, what to bring etc.