Beauty is being the best possible version of yourself on the inside and out.
I would like to start with Yoga! Yoga! and Yoga! My main is my practice which gives me healthy, glowing skin. Yoga encourages proper blood circulation, which, in turn, improves the skin as it feeds the cells the required nutrients and flushes out toxins.
Our skin is fragile, and exposing it to harmful chemicals is always a huge risk to take. Stressful lifestyles, hectic work schedules, inadequate sleep, lack of nutritional diet, pollution, harmful sun rays (UVA/UVB), excessive smoking, and drinking alcohol are the major factors which make your skin dull and dry. All of these are part and parcel of your life and you cannot run away from them. However, you can surely prevent them. Of course, you cannot hold on to your age, but you can surely slow down the loss of glow and radiance from your skin.
10 Easy Beauty Secrets of Mine;
1. Pranayama, breathing exercises, headstand, and all the inversions the best for glowing skin. However, i would suggest minimum 1 hour Yoga Practice very early morning, right after getting up. Start your day with Yoga. Make sure that you sweat! Working up a sweat helps your skin detox and also helps your body circulate oxygen and important nutrients.
2. Sleep. It`s important to sleep early, wake up early. We have actually an amazing biological clock ticking inside our body. it is very precise. From 11pm to 3am, most of your blood circulation concentrates in your liver. Your liver gets larger when filled with more blood. This is an important time when your body undergoes detoxification process. Your liver neutralises and breaks down body toxins accumulated throughout the day.
3. Drink lots and lots of water. Hydration is crucial for beautiful skin, make sure you’re getting in at least 8 glasses of filtered alkaline water every single day.
4. Probiotics. Gut health is really important for getting and maintaining glowing skin. If your gut microbiome is out of balance, you can experience inflammation and an overgrowth of bad bacteria, which can both lead to skin outbreaks, redness and swelling.
5. I eat a lot of veggies and fruits.. I eat half apple, quarter papaya, one mango everyday. And i eat a little bit of other fruits also depends on the season. Everyday, small portion of green salad and vegetable soups are must-have for my daily diet. Fruits and vegetables are full of antioxidants which will help rid your body of toxins caused by everyday living. The more colorful your diet, the better. Also, Make sure you are eating adequate protein! I also believe fasting is great from time to time!
6. Coconut! Yes i eat lots of coconut! Coconut oil, coconut water, coconut flakes….
7. Detox. Swear off of meat, sugar, dairy and alcohol for a week and watch your skin glow by the minute.
8. Wash Your Face twice a day! Wash your face thoroughly with a facial cleanser or face wash, and pat the skin dry with a soft towel. “Avoid hot water as it dries out the skin. Specially, before i sleep, i always cleanse my face. Use tonic. You could apply a home-made toner on your face, such as cucumber juice and rose water, which helps maintain the pH balance. And Finally, apply a nourishing cream on your face and neck. Don’t forget to moisturise your face before going to bed. For dry skin, use milder cleansers that are free from alcohol. And for acne prone skin, contact to your dermatologist as i have dry skin.
I use Organic Face Cream ; FOREST ESSENTIAL – SOUNDARYA RADIANCE CREAM WITH 24K GOLD AND SPF25.
9. Brew organic Zen Tea! Green Tea is my favourite.
10. Wear Suncream.. You will regret not having worn suncream when you look at your skin compared to friends and family who have worn daily sunscreen 20 years from now.