THAI MASSAGE TEACHER TRAINING
The Course is a spiritual practice, combining the teaching and practice of Thai massage, Yoga, Shiatsu, and meditation.
What is today called “Thai massage” or “Thai Yoga massage” is an ancient healing system combining acupressure, Indian Ayurvedic principles, and assisted yoga postures. The founding father of Thai massage was an Ayurvedic doctor named Jivaka Kumar Bhacca.
Traditional Thai massage uses no oils or lotions. The recipient remains clothed during a treatment. There is constant body contact between the giver and receiver, but rather than rubbing on muscles, the body is compressed, pulled, stretched and rocked
The recipient of the massage wears loose, comfortable clothing and lies on a mat or firm mattress on the floor. In Thailand, the massage is often given to a group of a dozen or so subjects receiving massage simultaneously in the same large room. The true ancient style of the massage requires that the massage be performed solo with just the giver and receiver. The receiver will be positioned in a variety of yoga-like positions during the course of the massage, that is also combined with deep static and rhythmic pressures.
The massage generally follows designated lines (“sen”) in the body. The legs and feet of the giver can be used to position the body or limbs of the recipient. In other positions, hands fix the body, while the feet do the massaging.
The Teacher Training Program with Begum may be in English or Turkish as per your requirement.
to discuss availability and pricing.
What one can learn;
- Introduction to Thai Massage
- Yogi Exercise, Hand-Knee exercise, Meditation.
- Introduction: Hand and sitting position in Thai Massage.
- Head massage demonstration / practice
- Neck massage demonstration / practice
- Shoulder massage demonstration / practice
- Back massage on side lying position demonstration / practice.
- Lecture on General Knowledge of Thai Massage.
- Abdominal massage demonstration / practice.
- Leg massage demonstration / practice.
- Body stretching demonstration/ practice
- Whole Body Massage